We are having a blast in China. People are teaching us so much and I feel like everyone has a proverb, quote and profound answer for every question I ask. It is amazing!
After doing some research here are 10 of my favorite Chinese proverbs and quotes:
1) When you drink the water, remember the spring.
2) A bad workman blames his tools.
3) A clever person turns great troubles into little ones and little ones into none at all.
4) Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success. Always be on the lookout for ways to turn a problem into an opportunity for success. Always be on the lookout for ways to nurture your dream. – Lao Tzu
5) Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still.
6) By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest. – Confucius
7) Dig the well before you are thirsty.
8) Never hesitate to ask a lesser person.
9) Respond intelligently even to unintelligent treatment. – Lao Tzu
10) To know the road ahead, ask those coming back.
Do you have a favorite or one that is not on this list? Share one in the comments below! Hope you are having a great day and as always…