Speaker Leader Champion: Succeed in life through the power of public speaking (Download PDF Slides)
This presentation is built on a multi-media format, focused to motivate multi-generational and multi-cultural leaders to use their voice to make a difference in our world. This is a high-energy, story-driven and value-packed presentation!
Scholars will leave this presentation able to:
– Learn the biggest mistakes leaders make today when speaking and how to avoid them
– Develop and deliver presentations to make their audience take action
– Discover strategies to engage and motivate multiple generations
– Understand essential skills all leaders must know when speaking to groups of people
INTRO: Story about flying and Nancy teaching us, “Don’t let what you want to say get in the way of what you want to accomplish.” (watch the first five minutes of this video to see the story).
Speaker: The better speaker you are, the more influential leader you’ll be!
– S.M.I.L.E. – Make your audience laugh and use the S.M.I.L.E. acronym
– Just and Only – Sound more confident and delete these two words from your vocabulary
– Title = Impact – Make the message of your speech your title
– Enter/Exit with Energy – How you enter and how you leave is how you will be remembered
– Speak from the Heart – The most important part of speaking
Leader: The stronger leadership skills you possess, the more people you can help!
– Create Clarity – A funny video to outline why clarity matters
– Try Things – My latest attempt to break another World Record and not reaching my goal
– Finish Strong – Funny video to remind leaders how you finish is how you will be remembered
– Find Your Focus – What does it mean to find your focus and how can you do it?
– Pick the Right Team – Find those around you who are the right people for the job and how to do it
Champion: You don’t need an IQ you need an I WILL!
– Your Biggest Competition – You!
– Start – Jim Rohn’s, “You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.”
– Enjoy the ride – No one rides a roller coaster to get to the end, enjoy the ride
– Make things happen – Don’t wait for things to happen, make things happen
CONCLUSION: Retying the story about flying and Nancy teaching us, “Don’t let what you want to say get in the way of what you want to accomplish.” and the common theme that has been shared throughout the entire keynote that “Communication Matters.”